12.24.2011

Silent Night, Holy Night - Dec. 24

Just as I have mentioned a lot about food I have also mentioned traditions a fair amount. My very favorite is the Christmas Eve program my extended family has done since I can remember. We have a little talent show where everyone takes turns performing Christmas songs. My grandparents would tell stories about Christmases in their lives and include their testimonies of Jesus Christ. We do act out the nativity as my mom reads the account from Luke 2. After the nativity we sing Silent Night and then kneel in family prayer. As I have gotten older I look forward to singing Silent Night most of all. The spirit and reason we celebrate Christmas is so wonderful during those few musical moments, it is wonderful!
Joesph, Mary, Baby Jesus (the Silly One two years  ago - his first Christmas) and the donkey

No comments:

Post a Comment