12.22.2011

Better Self - Dec. 11

Working on improving myself is a continual process, not just at the beginning of the New Year with resolutions. I taught Young Women's and this was my favorite quote from the lesson. I made it into a simple bookmark for the girls.

“Yes, give me a young woman who loves home and family, who reads and ponders the scriptures daily, who has a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon. Give me a young woman who faithfully attends her church meetings, who is a seminary graduate, who has earned her Young Womanhood Recognition Award and wears it with pride! Give me a young woman who is virtuous and who has maintained her personal purity, who will not settle for less than a temple marriage, and I will give you a young woman who will perform miracles for the Lord now and throughout eternity.[. . .]
“Live up to your divine potential. Remember who you are and the divine heritage that is yours—you are literally the royal daughters of our Father in Heaven. O ‘youth of the noble birthright,’ with all my heart I say, ‘Carry on, carry on, carry on!’ (Hymns, 1985, no. 255).” [Ezra Taft Benson, “To the Young Women of the Church,” Ensign, Nov. 1986, pp. 81–85]

No comments:

Post a Comment