3.19.2012

Stake Conference

This weekend was our stake conference. I usually enjoy stake conference but I have to admit I struggle as well, and that is usually with the general session on Sunday. It did finally click to me why they have an adult meeting on Saturday night, it is so people with young kids can actually get something out of stake conference. Seriously. Anyway one of the things that impressed me the most came from our Stake President Saturday night (go figure). He read the first part of 1 Nephi 19:1, "And it came to pass that the Lord commanded me, wherefore I did. . . " He stopped and explained that the Lord commanded Nephi to do many things and he did them. We need to be the same way. He challenged us to write down one thing we have been asked to do that we aren't doing and work on it. There are many times that after meetings like that I feel so uplifted but also look at my life and think I have so much to work on and improve. It was comforting to me that he asked us to pick one, that is not so overwhelming for me. Now the trick is to make my goal a habit, but the first step is writing it down, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment