2.24.2011

Some Advice

So I got a gift certificate to get some vinyl lettering for my birthday. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted but now I'm not sure. (Sometimes it is so hard being a woman who changes her mind!) Anyway I am hoping to get some input. I am looking for a cool uplifting quote or saying to put on my wall in the main living area. Here are some of my favorites:


* "Regardless of the opposition, we are determined to stay on course." - Boyd K. Packer


* "Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity." 
- Russell M. Nelson


* Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. 
- Thomas S. Monson


* Peace and rest at length have come,
All the day's long toil is past;
And each heart is whispering,
'Home, Home at last!'
-Thomas Hood


* Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest.
-Henry Van Dyke


* Home, the spot of earth supremely blest,
A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest.
- Robert Montgomery


What do you think? What are your favorites or other ideas?

4 comments:

  1. I like the Elder Nelson and President Monson quotes. I also love the oft quoted "Come what may and love it" from Elder Wirthlin. I'll let you know if I think of more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Jill, my favorites are those by President Monson and Elder Nelson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the one by Pres. Monson--you could just do "Find Joy in the Journey"???

    Good luck--we are almost done w/our bedroom and I was thinking some vinyl would be fun, but everything I've found is mushy and gross (for a the bedroom)! If you find you want more vinyl Rodger has a vinyl cutter at school and he'll give you a really good deal (I'll make sure of it)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may be the odd one out, but I like the Thomas Hood one. They're all good quotes, and I think you could use any, but that's my favorite. If you want to do a more religious one, you could also do President Monson's 2009 quote: "Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith." But that's not really family- or home-specific.

    ReplyDelete